Saturday, 23 April 2016

Strippd


On Tuesday I was invited down to Core Gyms in London, for an exclusive press event and morning workout to celebrate the launch of the new protein brand Strippd! I don't know about you, but trying to find a vegan protein that is not only good quality but actually tastes nice is pretty tough...I mean theres nothing worse than when your holding your nose trying to force down your after workout protein smoothie, as the taste is just awful! (we've all been there haha) so I was pretty excited to meet the brand and hear more about their product range...and of course put it to the taste test!

We started the morning with a sculpt workout session, followed by the breakfast spread of dreams! I'm talking the biggest pic'n'mix of healthy breakfast toppings you've ever seen, along with 3 different blends of protein smoothie bowl bases to choose from. I went for the green smoothie base, which was blended bananas, avocado and the Strippd vegan, vanilla protein powder, topped with baked coconut, cacao granola, raspberries and chia seeds. Literally the breakfast dream! There was also a mountain of pre-made protein balls...which were so damn good that we ate them before we had the chance to photograph them haha! So I think it's safe to say the protein definitely passed the taste test!

Strippd comes in 3 different vegan flavours, chocolate, vanilla and berry, and is a pea and hemp based protein, sweetened with Xylitol. Xylitol is a popular little sweetener in health products, being classed as one of the more 'natural' based options,  drived from plants. This little guy is not only 40% lower in fat/calories than normal sugar/sweetner options, it's also has a really low gylcemic index, meaning it won't spike your blood sugar or insulin levels, which is amazing! As theres nothing worse than feeling like your crashing after your session.

Another thing I loved about Strippd was the price! One 490g tube costs just £20! I'm used to shelling out 3 times that for a decent protein powder so I was excited that not only did it taste good, I'd finally found a protein powder more in my budget. They also offer a cool weekly/monthly subscription option too, which is great for someone like me that always run's out of things at the most inconvenient time! There is always the big debate on wether we need extra protein in our diets, but for me living on a mainly plant based diet, I can 100% feel the difference if I haven't had my protein shake after a workout, with the next morning feeling like I've been hit by a bus! Everyone's body is different, but I'd always recommend having a look at your diet, and how much protein your consuming. Your daily recommended intake is 0.8 grams per kilogram of body weight or 0.36 grams per pound, with the average sedentary women recommended 46 grams per day.

I'm excited to have been introduce to Stippd! Let me know if you guys manage to get your hands on some and what you think of it, and if you can recommend any other tasty vegan protein brands, leave them in the comments below! x
SHARE:

31 comments

  1. This was such a helpful post because my protein powder sucks!!! I'd love to try this and the photo of your overall protein bowl looks so delish!! Www.mylifeinrosetintedglasses.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes such a difference when you find one you actually like! Let me know how you get on lovely xx

      Delete
    2. Good sharing, for healthy purpose, Chia seeds offer the highest volume of Omega-3, as well as addition fiber (soluble and insoluble) along with vitamins or perhaps minerals you don’t usually get whenever you take sea food oil. Chia seeds giving you long lasting energy during the day moving in deep, restful sleep during the night time. May read this article about Chia seeds at:
      http://kidbuxblog.com/chia-seeds-is-the-most-extremely-versatile-superfood-and-vegetarian-supply-of-omega-3/

      Delete
  2. Great post hun! That pic looks lovely, I would very much like to try it out.
    htpp://mariesbeauties.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would reccomend trying the vanilla flavour first, as it's so much easier to blend into other things like your breakfast porridge and baking treats rather than just drinking it :) xxx

      Delete
  3. This sounds great! I've been meaning to change my lifestyle and get fit/improve my diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hayley. If you need some more inspiration I did a fun 5 week, workout video series with Adidas! It's great if you want a little programme to get you started! You can find it on there facebook page or on my youtube channel xxx

      Delete
  4. Handy post! Hopefully help toward my new ' I need to change my lifestyle' phase I'm in at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CP! Let me know if you need any advise to get kick started lovely! Xxx

      Delete
  5. Such a great post! I'm not vegan myself but one of my friends is turning vegan so I'll recommend this to her! x

    Whitney x | Whitney Loren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney! Even if your not vegan it's worth trying it :) but they also do a whey version to :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Oooh great post, I've not tried out anything like this but I'm slowly changing my diet and lifestyle so this is definatly something to consider! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach! Goodluck on your new food/lifestyle venture! Let me know how you get on xx

      Delete
  7. What a great sounding event and an utterly yummy sounding breakfast! Always on the look out for new and healthy products and this will be on my list to check out as the price is amazing!

    Thanks for sharing,

    Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN HQ x
    www.fashiondujour.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The price is so good! Thanks lovely! Xxx

      Delete
  8. I think I will have to send your blog to my little sister as she's recently gone vegan!

    Lima
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. How delicious! And how gorgeous is that picture?! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks So Beautiful!! Strippd Sounds and looks delicious...wish I'd try this soon...

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are delighted that you are considering the College of Sports & Fitness (CSF) to start, your sporting education journey. The College of Fitness Course Online, primary mission is but not limited to The current courses will provide all learners with the necessary tools, methods and techniques to become specialized professionals in their chosen field of sports, whilst providing the learner with a structured learning pathway and practical experience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's not something I use myself, but that breakfast sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The protein sounds fab. I tried soya protein and I wasn't impressed, so I went back to whey. I have enough proteins in my diet (I'm vegetarian), but I need shakes when I'm trying to loose weight and build muscles at the same time. I would try this one, yummy and vegan is great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought you were talking about something else. valet parking luton

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need a nutrition diet chart. Is there some easy way to contact you?
    meet and greet parking gatwick

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your post is really good providing good information.. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts. Vega protien

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Thanks for your thoughts on this matter and keep up the good work. I also like posts from this site as well. Thank you.
    http://www.thepsychicparlour.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post - i have been looking for a while.

    Whats the carb level like though?

    Cheers,
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful article, I just loved it. I have also written a post on Best Gift Ideas for Traveler. read more at this link - https://www.neatie.com/top-gift-ideas-for-travelers-and-friends

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lovaine | UK Lifestyle, Fitness and Travel Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig