Sunday, 21 February 2016

The Sky Gardens


On Wednesday I was invited to a sunrise yoga session, over looking the city with Shake Itfor the launch of their new yoga mats, at the beautiful Sky Garden's in London. As I stepped out of the elevator on the 36th floor, with the beautiful sunrise, city sky line in front of me, I couldn't believe that this was where I was lucky enough be starting my day. I arrived at a hidden tropical paradise, with yoga mats scattered in between the beautiful, green jungle of Sky Gardens. It was hard to believe that a place so beautiful and calm existed above such a busy city life, just 37 floors below.

Our spots weren't hard to miss, with each yoga mat being hand lasers with our own personalised initial's engraved into each of them.  E.L sat delicately in the corner of my beautiful black yoga mat, placed next to one of the editors of Women's Health. I still find it crazy all the opportunities that my blog has led me too, sometimes it's easy to feel a little out of my depth, I mean I just write a blog, yet I find myself sitting next to the editor of one of the worlds biggest health and fitness magazines! It's defiantly something I don't think I'll ever get used to, and I'll never forget just how lucky I am.

The event was filled with 30 of the UK's leading health and fitness press and influencers, as we got ready to test drive Shake It's new yoga mats during an hour sunrise yoga session, led by the beautiful Wood and Lux. For me I have always loved yoga, but I defiantly find it hard to find enough time to fit it into my everyday life, but during that hour, for the first time ever I felt the practice do something for me that I've never felt before. I felt calm,  like all my worries and the noise in my head had vanished. I felt self awareness, self love. Throughout our session we were told "to be kind to ourselves, to only tell ourself kind messages, to show ourselves love and take care of ourselves and only move as fast as our bodies allows us to" Having a healthy relationship with yourself can be hard, it can take a long time to let go and treat yourself how you should be treated, and allow yourself to feel self love and self acceptance, and for me it was as if for the first time I had permission to show myself everything I had be missing. Finishing the session I left with the clearest head and fullest heart I have had for as long as I can remember, and I can't wait to see see where my new Shake It yoga mat takes me.
So what's so special about the new Shake It Yoga Mats?! Every mat has been designed with additional cushioning and support, with a thin polyurethane top layer for an ultra grippy surface without weight, and a natural rubber core for support. Every mat is also Biodegradable! (amazing I know) and also has antibacterial treatment to reduce fungi and bacteria build up! It was defiantly one of the most comfiest and stylish yoga mats I've used, and I was even more excited that I got to leave with my own!

I've teamed up with Shake It, to give you the chance to WIN one of their new yoga mats and shaker! Want to win? just let me know in the comments below what yoga means to you and you could win! Contest closes on March 28th! Good luck x
SHARE:

36 comments

  1. Yoga is what keeps my grounded and in touch with my mind and body. I love how there is a practice for every need -energising flows, hip (and emotion!) releasing stretches right through to restorative when my body needs a little TLC. It brings together and builds from all other aspects of my fitness and healthy living, and I know that yoga is always there for me. :)

    Thanks for hosting a great giveaway and fingers crossed xx
    Green and Aquamarine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful Eleanor! Love love love following your journey on Instagram, and how big yoga is in your life! So beautiful to see. Good luck lovely one xxx

      Delete
  2. Yoga makes me feel strong and gives me the confidence be who I am in my own skin. I look past my eating disorder and can really believe I am good enough. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can completely relate to this, that you so much for sharing. So glad yoga makes you feel confident in your own skin! There is life past your eating disorder, I promise! xxx

      Delete
  3. Yoga is my relaxing hour of the week. In between a busy schedule of work and other exercise I use yoga to relax and have ME time.
    Glad your doing so well
    Would love to win
    Thanks
    Terri x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love ME time! So important to find time just for you! So glad you've found that :) good luck lovely one! xxx

      Delete
  4. since I started with the yoga, I felt so much better. yoga gives me strength and a good feeling. yoga lets me escape the stress. yoga is a part of my life and always brings fun to me. and of course yoga gives me the chance to have a good session with my best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love doing yoga with my friends! thanks for sharing Alina :) good luck lovely! xxx

      Delete
  5. Yoga was there for me at a time I felt no one or thing was. I had extremely low self-esteem and self worth. I started running but within a few weeks learnt that I had a bad knee problem that meant I could no longer do it. Ever... I felt like a blob, whilst my knee heeled I started to think about what I could do as soon as my knee got better. Yoga was there for me, every-damn-day I practised until I had no knee issue, my body was more toned, my hip pain and shoulder pain vanished and I was whole. A happiness I'd never felt. I didn't look in the mirror and hate myself, I was stronger, and I loved, for the first time, my body. I can always count on yoga to bring me back to a state of unravelling the layers of self and seeing the hidden issues, overcoming and getting a stronger body and mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy you beautiful soul you! Thank you so much for sharing! I've loved following your journey and see you grow! Never forget how beautiful and strong you are, inside and out! So happy you found yoga! xxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you Emilie! You're truly an inspiration to all the strong and beautiful women out there! xxx

      Delete
    3. Daisy! You have WON the yoga mat! Thank you so much for entering! Please email me on lovaineblog@gmail.com xx

      Delete
  6. Yoga keeps me sane in a world of stress and anxiousness. It allows me to stay healthy and connect with people and the world around me, it compliments meditative practise well too. Being a new mum, I look forward to Luca being able to join me if he'd like to practise yoga too, I think it'd be a great thing for us to do together - especially on the beach! Thank you, Jade x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jade! Congratulations on your beautiful new life! I can't wait to see photos/video's of you and Luca doing yoga together. So precious! Good luck and congrats again you beautiful mumma! xx

      Delete
    2. I think there will be lots of silly rolling about at times! We will have to try to stay focused! I'm very glad I ordered jewellery from you, then ended up talking to you via Tish! Thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  7. Yoga has been helping me to keep myself grounded and has helped with my anxiety and stress after years of working in healthcare and dealing with pressures (time/patients/consultants).
    Having back surgery at a young age has it has also helped me trust myself and develop muscles I had kinda given up on..! I am now stronger and happier and can't wait to go to practice everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear how yoga has helped you Rita! So glad yoga brings happiness into your everyday practice so beautiful! Good luck lovely xx

      Delete
  8. Yoga to me is my time to quieten my mind and release the stresses and anxieties of everyday life. It helps me feel strong and confident in myself and throughout my yoga journey I have been able to learn and accept that my body is amazing for what it will (and won't) do and that is all part of my uniqueness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing Kate! Learning to accept your body totally resonates with me to! So beautiful! Good luck xx

      Delete
  9. Yoga for me is a journey that links my body with my Spirit. My practise holds space for healing, breathing, strength, Love and compassion - and leads into being grateful to being alive at this very time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yoga to me is a space for community, balance and fun! Since moving to London it has introduced me to so many new areas of the city, new studios and new connections through the awesome studio communities I have visited. It brings balance to my life by reminding me that this present moment is really all we have, getting me focused on being with the breath; and brings fun into my life as it keeps me learning and humble (I've taken a few face plants learning side crow this year! ....)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very new to yoga and practise at home at the moment. I'm mother to wildly energetic toddler, a military wife and work full time stomping around forests in South Wales. Yoga, especially taking the time to practise meditation too gives me much needed headspace, helps me centre and is all about me and my needs, which is often towards the bottom of my 'care list'.

    I hope to introduce my little one to gentle practise too, to try and focus her energy...we'll see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what an amazing opportunity this would be to feel so peaceful and at ease while seeing the sunrise come up over London all while doing yoga! The mats sounds amazing too my mat is thin and eurgh that extra cushioning sounds fabulous!
    Yoga is definitely such a release for me, I get stressed and anxious very easily and so when I feel awful I get out my mat and tune into yoga with Adriene and it's just some time for me to escape and feel all relaxed and at ease with myself as well as doing a little exercise in the process!

    www.elzbthchlmrspps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yoga is the most relaxing thing i have in my very active life, it is really important for me to take time to do yoga to not only rest, stretch and strengthen my body, but also to allow my mind to catch up with itself and reflect on my goals and keep on track to achieve more everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this with us! Some really amazing features.
    gym wear uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. No doubt, Yoga is very important for health fitness. cheap luton airport parking

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I agree with all of the points set out here and appreciate hearing your thoughts, thanks for your input. I am looking forward to your next post.
    http://www.thepsychicparlour.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is a great website that is for English Novels. Thanks for your great effort.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks amazing! I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lovaine | UK Lifestyle, Fitness and Travel Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig