Thursday, 31 December 2015

peanut butter and coconut date dreamz

It's safe to admit that I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth...I mean I defiantly fall into the category of people that would much rather trade their restaurant starter for a dessert instead! Can you blame me?! I try and stay clear from all animal products and processed foods as much as possible, suffering from a condition called Endometriosis, the foods I put in my body have a massive knock on effect on my symptoms, so I whipped up these super clean #lovaineeats peanut butter and coconut stuffed dates, for some mini sweet treats!

These little guys pack a serious punch, filled with a variety of our essential vitamins and minerals like Iron, Potassium, Vitamin A, K, and B, Copper, Magnesium and not forgetting a heavy dose of Fibre. Dates make the perfect snack for when you find yourself hitting your mid morning/afternoon sugar cravings, as well as being a slow energy release, they make the perfect sweet treat! I feel like Dates have gotten themselves a pretty bad reputation, maybe down to the average person that normally feasts on them being in their 60's, but trust me when I say to never judge a date by its cover! These things are filled with delicious, chewy, caramel goodness! I can't tell you how many of my friends I've converted with my #lovaineeats peanut butter and coconut combination. Let me know how you guys get on, and if you have any stuffed date combinations of your own! x
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I am drooling here. I absolutely love dates and coconut! GIMMIE!

    Lima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lima! Defiantly the perfect weekend treat! xx

      Delete
  2. these look and sound amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em :) defiantly give them a try! xx

      Delete
  3. That sounds yummy!!! I love dates too... And I'm a big time foodie too!!! Gonna try this out...
    My Travelogue, Fashion Panache

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing! Thank you lovely, let me know how you get on! Enjoy xx

      Delete
  4. I first had these at a Christmas Party a couple of years ago, they went down a storm! We also filled them with pistachio paste, which worked really well too. I'm not sure if you can get this in the UK, but it's simple enough to make with a good blender! (Just as you would any other nut butter)

    Bethan Vincent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my GOODNESS! Pistachio paste sounds incredible! Can you imagine it on toast? oh wow! I'm going to go on a little mission tomorrow to find some! Thanks Beth, can't wait to try it out :) x

      Delete
  5. These look delicious and would be perfect for me now that I'm eating more healthy for 2016! Will definitely have to try these out :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks Louise, glad you liked them. Trust me, you will forget what chocolate is after trying one of these. Let me know how you get on, and good luck with your healthy 2016 xx

      Delete
  6. Ooh wow they look delicious! I'll definitely be trying them out.

    Emma | EMMAMATTHEWS.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. These seem perfect for those trying to eat healthier this year which includes me and I am such a chocoholic so this sounds perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Informative information, thanks for sharing with us. Please visit https://goo.gl/HDxP7z

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lovaine | UK Lifestyle, Fitness and Travel Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig