Thursday, 31 December 2015

The year it all changed. 2015 We got engaged!

 I was told to pack a bag, and get ready for a surprise weekend away to Snowdonia in West Wales, to celebrate my 26th Birthday. Jon and I met in Wales in 2008, on our first day at University. We had both enrolled on the Fashion Photography and advertising course, and had also been placed in the same flat, with Jon's room directly opposite mine. Jon was the first person I saw every morning, and the last person I saw before I went to sleep. For 3 years, both being on the same course, and house mates, we spent nearly everyday together and quickly became best friends. Jon was the only person that could make me laugh to the point of tears, I'd laugh so much my face would ache, and my sides would hurt! I remember Jon used to joke that we spent to much time together, and I was the reason he couldn't get a girlfriend, as people thought we were a couple, I'd always joke and say it's ok, one day your marry me...not ever thinking it would actually be a reality. I also remember when my friends would ask me who my 'ideal man' was and I'd always say someone like Jon..

When your so close to someone, sometimes it's hard to see what's really in front of you. I remember falling asleep under Jon's arm one night, with a little help of dutch courage, I nervously asked for a kiss...I remember waking up the next morning and thinking...did that really happen?! I whispered across the breakfast table to our mutual friend Bei (Owen) that Jon and I had kissed, he automatically stood up, raised his hand in the air and shouted 'I call best man, I call best man' haha and after that first kiss we quickly realised we were more than just friends, but we had fallen in love.

I remember the first time we went out as a couple, walking to a christmas party, Jon reached down and grabbed my hand, I'd never been so nervous and excited at the same time. That night was also the first time our friendship group had seen us together, not just as Jon and Emiee, but as a couple. We had our first public kiss, which was then quickly interrupted by all of our friends clapping and cheering...it seemed everyone but us knew we were meant for each other.

5 years on, with each year filled with so much love, laughter, and fun than the one before, we set off for a weekend away, back to where we first met and fell in love, climbing the highest mountain in Wales. We spent 9 hours, hand in hand walking to reach the 3,560ft summit. Afterwards, wrapped up in our sleeping bags, we set up camp at the bottom of Snowdon, with our tent over looking a lake, surrounded by nothing but mountains. Jon lit a fire, and started to cook our dinner on our camping stove, as we watched the fog rise up and cover where we had just walked. He wrapped me in more blankets and told me to try and stay awake...after all that walking I was fighting to keep my eyes open. I had my head rested on Jon's chest, and noticed his heart started to race so I sat up, by the time I turned around Jon was down on one knee, by camp fire, in front of a moonlit lake, surrounded by mountains in Wales, asking me to marry him...I couldn't believe it! I couldn't believe my best friend was asking me to become his wife. I burst into tears, to scared to take my hands away from my face...I'd always dreamt of marrying Jon, but never really imaged when, or how it would happen, so when it finally did I was lost for words. Jon said it was the first time he had ever seen me speechless haha. I said yes, and Jon placed a beautiful engagement ring on my finger, but not just any engagement ring, It was a ring that had belonged to my beautiful Nan, Elaine. Elaine was the head and heart of our family, and since she passed, our family had never been the same. We were incredibly close, so it was so special that Jon had proposed with Nan's ring, and she was able to apart of that moment with us.

In 2008 we met in Wales as strangers, and in 2015 we left Wales engaged as husband and wife to be. I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life with my best friend, and share everything leading up to our special day, when Emilie Layla Lovaine becomes Emilie Layla Lovaine James, and share all our wedding journey with you. Happy 2015 everyone x

FAQ: Photos take on a Canon 5d MK II
SHARE:

36 comments

  1. This is such a nice post! the photography is stunning, your ring is beautful! I hope 2016 will treat you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I'm not normally into diamonds, but the fact it was my Nan's ring is just perfect! Have a lovely 2016 xx

      Delete
  2. What a lovely place to get engaged, your photos are beautiful too. Wales is so underrated. Good luck for the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mellissa, I don't think I could of planned it better myself, we've wanted to climb snowdon for so long, and Wales is bar far one of my favourite places in the world. Happy New year! xx

      Delete
  3. Aw this is lovely! Congratulations! Your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Roxie! I love going on trips with Jon, he captures the most beautiful photos of our adventures xx

      Delete
  4. Omg this sounds like something from a fairytale! Congratulations to you both :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this is adorable. You two are such a great couple. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hayley, have a lovely New Year! xx

      Delete
  6. Congratulations guys. You look so happy. I absolutely adore your photos also.

    Happy New Year when it comes lovely.
    Hugs Elyse x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Michelle! I'm so excited to head into 2016 engaged! Thank you so much lovely xx

      Delete
  7. awwww congrats :) This is so lovely and such an exciting new chapter :)

    Creepers & Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beauty! Love love love your latest blog post! Can't wait to see your new layout and logos in the new year xx

      Delete
  8. Congratulations and it looks like such a magical experience xx

    Miss Kitty Kaos - Adventures Of A Riot Grrrl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww what a beautiful engagement story, congratulations and wishing you all the best. Cant wait to read your wedding planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Miranda! Oh my goodness! Wedding planning!! xxx

      Delete
  10. Oh how lovely! Congrats! It's such an exciting time but wedding planning is awesome!

    Becca

    www.QueenBeeBecca.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rebecca, I can't wait! My pinterest is going crazy with ideas already x

      Delete
  11. Oh wow, how very romantic! Congratulations to the both of you, such lovely news. Gorgeous photos too.

    Laura

    www.insidelaurashead.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I'm partner was in charge of the camera on this trip! I love when he captures are adventures xxx

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful fairytale like story!! You two look so blissful in those photos. Glad to see you had some good clear whether, the landscape looks gorgeous, as does you ring! Congratulations and have fun with all the wedding planning to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've wanted to climb snowdon for so long! So it was so amazing when we finally got to take the trip. Thank you Safia, happy new year to you <3 xx

      Delete
  13. This was so lovely to read! Beautiful photos & congratulations on your engagement!

    L x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh! Thank you so much Loula, Happy New year! xxx

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on the engagement! What a wonderful announcement. I hope that you will be very happy and enjoy a long life together. It is so good to see people happy and in love. I wish you the best of luck and thanks for sharing the delightful news. I'm sure you will both be overfilled with joy.

    Ricky Rowe @ Find A Jewelry Expert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ricky! I hope you have a lovely year! xxx

      Delete
  15. Thank you so much for your post. This post really help me a lot and I have learnt some new things from your blog. I am bookmark your blog for future visit.
    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for sharing your travel experience.i hope this was help me lot and also all of the travel photos are really beautiful.
    Miami Tour

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my God....I had tears in my eyes when I read that. Only the best for you 2!!! Congratulation!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me. I’m truly grateful and really impressed. Please visit https://goo.gl/kWJ7V7

    ReplyDelete
  19. I came first to your blog. Really love your blog, your diy . tips and more. Just bookmarked now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lovaine | UK Lifestyle, Fitness and Travel Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig