Saturday, 28 November 2015

Keeping Active on holiday with adidas

Back at the start of November I went on a bloggers trip to Morocco (read my travel diary here) with Flo (@swift_eats) and Rich (@myrichtones) and I'm guessing unlike us, when you go away the last thing that is crossing your mind is exercise? I know what your thinking, your suitcase space is pretty limited as it is, and when your deciding between filling your last few inches of space up with either more bikinis or your running shoes and a pair of lycra gym leggings... I think we all know which one would make the cut! but take it from me, theres nothing worse than heading on holiday and wishing you had brought your gym kit and trainers with you! Especially when you find trails like this behind your hotel. Luckily on my latest #lovainetravels adventure to Morocco, Adidas kitted us out with the perfect travel essentials to help keep us motivated during our trip!

It's easy when your on holiday to get completely distracted away from your normal routine, I mean your on holiday right? so if you want to eat that extra dessert, or lay by the pool all day..then heck, why don't you?! It's your holiday and sometimes you deserve a break, but theres nothing worse than coming back from your trip and feeling like your back at square one, or feeling guilty for how you may have over indulged while you were away, but its ok! We've all been there, it happens... so I thought I'd share with you some of my top tips and holiday fitness essentials, to help you stay motivated during your trip!

1. Fitness &Activity Watch - I don't go anywhere without my Misfits activity watch strapped to my arm! It's a great tool at helping you keep active throughout the day, and ensuring what ever activity you are doing, you have the ability to track your progress and meet your goals. Sometimes you may surprise yourself too, during a morning hike we had all smashed our activity target for the day without realising! So it's always worth bringing your fitness tracker with you, as a little added holiday inspiration to keep moving!

2. Gym Kit - Most gym kits have been designed with the idea you are going to sweat in them, so naturally when I'm packing to go away, I automatically pack my gym wardrobe over anything else, made with quick drying properties and breathable material, it ticks all the boxes for a holiday essential. You may remember in the summer I worked with Adidas on the launch of their new Climachill range (see my lookbook and post here) The Climachill range has tiny titanium beads integrated into the back panels of the t-shirts. When you first put the top on you instantly feel the fresh coolness of the beads up against your skin, and when I first tried on a piece from the Climachill range it actually made me shiver haha like if someone touches you with cold hands! it's a pretty clever idea and design technology. Taking pieces like Climachill, that focus on regulating your body temperature and keeping you cooler during exercise, especially if you are working out in a hot country, it should defiantly make the cut into your holiday wardrobe. My Adidas sports bras have also become my new bikini essential! I love how supportive they are, and also thanks to their quick drying features, they are the perfect water sports bikini hack! So if you doing any activity in a bikini and your worried you may 'have an accident' your sports bras will quickly become your new beach best friend.

3. Running Shoes - Finding the right pair of running shoes can be tricky, as lets be honest.. there is so many on the market that its hard to decide what you really need, and more importantly what is best for you. I was recently introduced to the Adidas Ultra Boosts and when I say I literally haven't taken them off my feet since I got them last month, I'm not joking! The Ultra Boosts were both Flo and mines stable shoes for the whole trip (well unless we were by the pool then we were in our 3 stripe adidas slides) The Ultra Boosts feature a breathable primeknit material, allowing air to constantly flow through your shoes, keeping your feet fresh (as we all know how bad sweaty feet can feel and not to mention smell in trainers, especially on holiday haha) but thanks to the primeknit fabric, this allows your feet to constantly stay cool and feeling fresh! They are also built with Boost technology, which is an energy returning cushioning beneath your feet, without adding extra weight or sacrificing ground feel. Even though the Ultra Boosts are marketed as running shoes, I have found them the first pair of shoes I can wear not just running but in the gym to! They were also the perfect holiday essential for our hikes across the Moroccan Atlas mountains, with great grip as we climbed up the very sandy and slippery, cactus covered terrain!

4. Outdoor Essentials - If you planning on heading out on a holiday run or hike, make sure you pack some outdoor essentials: Baseball cap - because no one likes getting sunburn on their head! Water Bottle - just incase your route takes you away from a easy water supply or shop! Running arm strap for your phone - because theres nothing worse than trying to run with handfuls of electrical devices, and you can also track your running route on various apps, and you have your phone incase of an emergency.  Plasters - theres nothing worse than holiday blisters! Make sure you pack plasters just in case. Water proof suncream - because when your sweating, your more liking to get sunburnt! and burnt bad! so make sure to pack some high factor waterproof suncream, to last you throughout your holiday workouts and in the water to. Oh and not forgetting...always make sure you do any fitness activity in the morning, when the temperature will be at its coolest!

5.  Do your research - It always worth finding out what is local to where you are staying before heading out on your trip, the area may have different activities and facilities available, and not forgetting a hotel gym! So it's defiantly worth asking around, and reading a few trip advisor reviews, as we didn't find our hotel gym until the 3rd day! Our hotel also did morning yoga and offered surf lessons and a variety of other water sports activities. 

7. Deodorant wipes & Small towel- even if you don't think you are going to be doing much activity while you are away, these two little essentials will be life savers!

8. Coconut oil - Have you ever seen that episode of friends when Monica is in Barbados and her hair slowly turns into an afro due to the humidity? well incase you havn't here is a little reminder  haha and like Monica I suffer with the same problem! As soon as humidity and heat hits, my locks start to grow in seconds, and this is where coconut oil comes in, not only is it a cooking essential but it's also perfect for helping smooth out frizzy holiday hair, if you have dry skin or sun burn, or even if your shoes or sports bra starts rubbing, coconut oil will soon become your holiday saviour! One tip... do not open your coconut oil upside down...you may forget when heated it turns to liquid, and it will tip all over the floor and cause a slippery death trap in your hotel room if your not careful! (yes I am speaking from experience haha) 

9. Reading Material - I always like to have something with me to read on the plane, either a new book or the latest issue of Women's Health. I love reading things that will inspire me, and Women's Health seemed like the perfect addition to my hand luggage, especially with each issue focusing on different fitness routines, it seemed like the perfect inspiration for our holiday workouts!

So that marks the ends of my little list of holiday essentials to help you keep active during your holiday! How do you guys stay active when your away? I'd love to hear some of your top fitness travel tips and essentials! Let me know below, and don't forget my exclusive Lovaine X Adidas 5 week workout video series is now live! Join in and take on week 1 and 2 over on www.facebook.com/adidaswomenUK

FAQ: Photos and flat lays taken in Morocco on my Canon 550D with a 50mm 1.8 lens.
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. Love the looks and photos !

    Sara
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! Such a useful post - I really need to get into the habit of taking workout stuff with me on hols!

    Erin xxxx
    Islandbell xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I think that's the hard part, once you get in in your suit case, the rest is easy :) xx

      Delete
  3. ok firstly your blog is amazing! I am definitely guilty of not working out and as I travel a lot it's always an excuse of 'but I won't have time/I don't have room for fitness stuff' etc but this post has definitely motivated me to make more of an effort! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Charlotte, I'm so glad you enjoyed this post and my blog. Defiantly! Just think, gym wear is so versatile, and you can defiantly make an easy transition into your holiday wardrobe xx

      Delete
  4. What awesome outfits, when I head to New York next summer i'm going to make sure I take my gym gear so I can have a run through Central Park x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! New york sounds AMAZING Rhian! I follow a lovely blogger http://www.milesfitter.com/ and she has just moved to NYC you should defiantly check out her blog before your trip, I think you will love it xx

      Delete
  5. What an amazing background! If I'm honest, exercising when I'm on holiday has never really crossed my mind - I'm usually found hovering around the all-inclusive buffet rather than working up a sweat. These tips are super helpful though - I think next time I go away, I'll try and at least go for a run, especially if my surroundings are anywhere near as lovely as yours were!

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Milly, I was actually on your blog earlier! Small world :) I couldn't believe the view behind our hotel to! It was so beautiful. Yes defiantly, even if you pack your running shoes just in case, you never know what you might find :) xx

      Delete
  6. It looks stunning there. I completely agree re keeping active, although I more more likley to do some Pilates in the hotel room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so beautiful! Morocco is one of my favourite places, especially if you wanted to go on trial runs/hikes. You just need to make sure you have a lot of water with you as its so hot! I love the idea of doing a little Pilates workout Helen! xx

      Delete
  7. Interesting post, for me reading material would go on top:_) and I would be more into fiction than magazines, although Womens Health is great indeed.
    As far as keeping fit goes, for me it's yoga, and walks. A bit of jogging, if you manage to get up early - not only can you get a bit of being alone (which is precious in small quantities:_), but also see something unusual in the place you're staying, something not typical. And such memories stay with you, and make you travel, and explore more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Magdalena, love the idea of early rises! Especially on holiday, making the most of the day :) sounds perfect! Especially fitting in some yoga practice during the holiday. nothing beats a sunset beach side yoga session. Total bliss! xx

      Delete
  8. I love these photos and the looks themselves! I particularly love the way you have styled them onto someone as well as then photographed a flatlay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaye! I was so glad I decided to take my canon slr camera with me for the trip, the hotel had the most beautiful flooring, and thanks to the weather it was the perfect light and setting for flat lay photos! Although I do think I looked a little crazy, stood on a wall by the pool while everyone was sunbathing and I was taking photos of my gym clothes haha xx

      Delete
  9. I would like to do more exercise and although I am very active I want to improve my health through fitness. What exercises would you recommend for a bad back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats awesome that you want to be more active Ana! I would suggest visiting your doctor first and check your back problem is nothing too serious, and you can also check out these workouts here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=exercise+for+bad+back&spfreload=10

      Delete
  10. Omg your blog is so nice and you take really nice photos! Love the clothes xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! I think taking the photos is my favourite part of the blogging process :) and thank you! In love with the Adidas goodies they sent us xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your article about having an active holiday as it's something I have been wanting to do for a while. I think it would be great to see a country by running or cycling across it. The Adidas fitness clothing also looked great, I will definitely be purchasing some of it for use at the gym.

    Catarina @ Wild Fitness

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a really a very good read. I enjoyed reading this blog. Thank you so much for sharing. It is really a very nice blog. formentera day trips

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are thick enough to not be see-through but thin enough to not get hot. The work out leggings stretch soooo well. I love the thick waistband because when I sit down, no lower back or crack shows! I am 5'3" 130lbs and got a size small. So worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Following the workout routine is necessary. But enjoying a vacation is too.
    discount jersey boys tickets
    jersey boys tickets online

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lovaine | UK Lifestyle, Fitness and Travel Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig