Monday, 30 November 2015

Nutribix breakfast challenge

If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed by now that breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day, and If there is such a thing as a breakfast addict, I think I would defiantly fall into the category! So when I was asked by Nutribix to take part in their breakfast challenge and create some recipes using their new cereals, of course I couldn't wait to get in the kitchen and start experimenting! If you have never heard of Nutribix, I can honestly say your breakfast is about to get very exciting! With 2 different products available:

1. Nutribix Gluten Free. Packed with the ancient grain Sorghum and not forgetting totally Gluten FREE! Horay!
2. Nutribix Gold & Grains. With 4 whole-grains - Sorghum, Oats, Wheat, Rye and Rice. Coated in drizzed honey and coconut

The first thing I noticed about the Nutribix Gluten Free option was how light and delicately textured they are, not only are they saviours for those who suffer with celiac disease (because we all now how sparse Gulten free breakfast options are) but they are the perfect breakfast option for those who don't want to feel like their breakfast is weighing them down.. (theres nothing worse than heading to the gym and still feeling like your breakfast is rolling around in your stomach) The Nutribix Gold and Grains have a subtle sweet taste to them, thanks to the outter layer being laced with honey and coconut, and the combination of the 4 whole grains makes them slightly denser than the gluten free option, but the layers are packed full of different textures and delicious tastes! Taking into account the 2 different varieties Nutribix offer, I decided to create 3 breakfast recipes complimenting each option.

1. Nutribix Island bowl. Using the Gluten Free option, I added 3 Nutribix into a bowl with some fresh coconut milk, blueberries, passionfruit, pomegranate and coconut shavings. As the Gluten Free Nutribix don't have any added sweetner unlike the Gold & Grains option, I have added in sweetness with some of my favourite fruit, complimented by some beautiful ice cold coconut milk! For me coconut milk just reminds me of being on holiday, so I thought it was the perfect addition to my Nutribix Island Bowl.

2. Nutribix Warm Winter Porridge, with spiced apple and warm peanut butter. For me nothing is more comforting than waking up to a warm bowl of porridge during the cold winter mornings, the only down side is that I don't think I have ever finished a whole bowl in my life! I know I'm not the only one who loves porridge but finds it incredibly heavy, and even though I am not allergic to gluten, it defiantly leaves me bloated for the rest of the morning, so using the Gluten Free option I have created my Belly Friendly Nutri Porridge!

Ingredients: 4 Nutribix Gluten Free, Almond Milk, Cinnamon, Grated Apple, Peanut Butter, Goji Berries, Pumpkin Seeds and Flaked Almonds.

Method: First - break up 4 Nutribix (don't panic if 4 seems alot, these guys are only small) and place them in a pan with your choice of milk - I opted for Almond milk, as I love its naturally rich and creamy taste, and it also adds in some extra protein into your breakfast! Fill your pan up with milk until the Nutribixs are nearly all covered, and simmer at a low heat and stir continuously, at this stage I also added in a pinch of cinnamon. After around 4 minutes your Nutri porridge should start to thicken, once you are happy with the consistency (as I know how varied everyone likes their porridge) remove from the pan and place in your breakfast bowl. I then topped mine with freshly grated apple, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, and flaked almonds, along with a spoonful of hot coconut peanut butter from pip and nut. Trust me when I say this will blow your breakfast mind! The texture of the porridge is light but gives you that warm and delicious stratification you get from a normal bowl of oat porridge but without leaving you feeling heavy.

3. Nutribix Breakfast, Chocolate Orange, Energy Ball Bites. With the Nutribix Gold & Grains full of 4 different wholegrains and rich textures, I thought these would be the perfect ingredients to create my own breakfast energy ball bites, packed full of ingredients to give you the perfect energy boost! For 7 large energy balls you will need:

Ingredients: 4 Nutribix Gold & Grains, 12 large medjool dates (normal dates are fine, but you may need to add more liquid to make your mixture bind together) 2 teaspoons of raw cacao powder, quarter freshly squeezed Orange,  and 100ml of coconut milk,.

Method: place all the ingredients in a Nutribullet or food processor (I used a Nutribullet) and mix until all the ingredients have binded, if it is not holding together you may need to add a little more coconut milk in to help the mixture bind. Once you are happy with the consistency, remove the mixture from your food processor, and split into 7 individual pieces . Using your hands roll each piece into a ball,  I found the mixture was easier to mould if my hands were slightly wet. Once you have rolled all 7 of your energy balls, you are now ready to coat them with your choice of toppings! For mine I choose Goji berries, desiccated coconut, buckwheat, cacao powder, mixed flaked almonds, hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds, dried cranberry powder and one plain one with a gooey peanut butter centre! I love how versatile energy balls are, and thanks to the combination of Nutribix and dates, these little guys are packed full of vitamins and minerals, and not to mention dates support muscle development, and thanks to their natural sugars, they are great energy boosters, so they make the perfect post gym snack! For an extra protein hit you can fill all your energy balls with a peanut butter centre (I bought a small syringe in a cooking shop, and its perfect if you want to add gooey centres) or you could add in your favourite protein powder into your mixture.

I've had so much fun taking on the Nutribix Breakfast challenge, and love that I now have a new favourite breakfast staple! Not forgetting they offer the Gold & Grains option but also Gluten Free! Meaning everyone can enjoy the new breakfast creation from Nutribix! I'm even more excited to introduce them to my beautiful friend Soph who has celiac disease, I can't wait to take her some of my Nutribix Chocolate Orange, Energy Ball Bites to try! I hope you guys have enjoyed reading and let me know if you guys try Nutribix, I'd love to hear how you eat yours! To find where you can buy Nutribix just head to there nifty little store tracker here.
SHARE:

33 comments

  1. These all look so beautiful and colourful! I'd love to dive in to any of these breakfast options! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I had so much fun creating them xx

      Delete
  2. i really love your pictures, defiantly make me want to try out some of these options

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Roz! Defiantly let me know if you try any of them out :) xx

      Delete
  3. Gonna have to give these a go asap! LOVE your imagery too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had the coconut energy ball with a cup of tea, so good! thank you lovely :) hope you enjoy trying them out xx

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of Nutribix before but these breakfast ideas look amazing - thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I know I hadn't either, they are quite new on the market - you can head here for their store tracker to see if they sell them in a supermarket near you :) http://www.nutribix.co.uk/where-to-buy/ xx

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of Nutribix before, but there looks like there is so much that you can do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dannie, I love finding different ways to use an ingredient! It makes it so much fun, and opens you up to so many more options to enjoy them! I was completely new to Nutribix to :) xx

      Delete
  6. Ooh I've never heard of these but they look great and really versatile! Love the idea of using it to make a sort of porridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! I know there was so much I wanted to test out, I did attempt pancakes to but I couldn't get the consistency right! Aim for next time :) Defiantly try the porridge! It's so delicious xx

      Delete
  7. These look absolutely delicious, I've never heard about the brand but I'm going to look them up as it sounds like you can do so much with them! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rach! It was so good! Here is the store tracker for you so you can see if any places stock them near you :) http://www.nutribix.co.uk/where-to-buy/

      Delete
  8. These all look absolutely delicious and so colourful! I love finding different things to eat for breakfast :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! hopefully it gives you so breakfast inspiration :) xx

      Delete
  9. These all look so healthy and very delicious. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all seem to be so healthy and delicious !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara, I hope it has given you some healthy breakfast inspiration :) xx

      Delete
  11. Amazing photo's! - and breakfast is definitely the best meal of the day!!! :)

    meimei xx
    www.meimeisays.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a great post! I literally have the same thing nearly every single day - porridge, almond milk, banana and blueberries. It keeps me going until lunch but I am so board of it now. This has definitely given me inspiration to try something new :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh nothing beats a hot bowl of banana porridge! Glad the post has given you some inspiration :) thank you lovely! xx

      Delete
  13. The ball bites look great. What a fab idea!
    Leanne x
    Fancy a read? Why not have a read of my latest post : You have to try this lip liner! .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne, they were so tasty! And of course :) I'll check it out xx

      Delete
  14. Never heard of nutribix but would really love to try some now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bintu! Happy New year, hope you've managed to get your hands on some :) x

      Delete
  15. Looks amazing! I have just started a wheat free diet as I think I might have an allergy so these would be perfect to try - can you buy them in your usual supermarket or just from health food shops? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These sounds perfect for you then Rachele! You will love them :) Here is the store tracker for you so you can see if any places stock them near you http://www.nutribix.co.uk/where-to-buy/ hope you find them <3 xx

      Delete
  16. Yum! Where can you buy these from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! You can use the store tracker for nutribix, so you can see if any places stock them near you :) http://www.nutribix.co.uk/where-to-buy/

      Delete
  17. Not heard of nutribix before I am loving the look of it and your 3 breakfast creations. Thanks will try it out

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lovaine | UK Lifestyle, Fitness and Travel Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig