Thursday, 2 April 2015

Violet Dreamz

Breakfast maybe my favourite meal of the day...Especially when I start the morning with my #lovaineeats Violet Dreamz Smoothie! Ever since my trip to Hawaii with Roxy, Acai has become one of my favourite smoothie ingredients. One morning after a surf at Chun's Reef, on the North Shore with the girls, Katie whipped us up a post workout Acai bowl after she found out I'd never tried it before! Since that introduction I've been hooked. 

Acai is a berry that comes from the Acai palm tree, native to Central and South America, it's full of rich antioxidants and with high levels of vitamin C and ellagic acid, its a pretty good immune boosting aid, but unless I'm beach side, and in a hot country somewhere, I've found Acai pretty hard to come across (and not to mention expensive) but my friends from Kiazen Living sent me a packet of their Natural Superhero organic Acai powder to try!

Acai has quite a bitter flavour, so I always make sure I add something into sweeten it up. For my Violet Dreams smoothie you need: 2 spoons of Acai powder, 2 frozen Bananas, the juice of 1 Orange, 1/2 cup of almond milk (or liquid of your choice) a handful of Raspberries, shredded coconut, and then pop it all in your blender and enjoy! 
SHARE:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lovaine | UK Lifestyle, Fitness and Travel Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig