Monday, 23 February 2015

JARLIFE

Over the past few weeks I have been living on a plant based (vegan) diet, from being dairy free for nearly a year and also between vegetarian and pescetarian on and off since I was a teenager, it seemed like a pretty easy transition for me. If you know me, you will know I suffer with a medical condition called Endometriosis, which has been a massive obstacle for me and had a dramatically negative affect on my health. If you live with Endometriosis, or know someone who suffers with it, you know how much the condition can effect your day to day life. I have seen countless doctors, had endless tests, been admitted into hospital, found it hard to hold down jobs and been subscribed so many different medications, that at one point I was advised to be taking up to 11 different tablets a day, and not to mention having to take blocker tables also, as my medication had given me a stomach ulcer...That was the final straw.  Suffering with something for a large part of your life and following all doctors advise, but still not being in good health or see your symptoms reduce, it makes you wonder why you are being subscribed something you know is having no positive effect on your body.

So I decided it was my time to take my health into my own hands. Currently I am studying a Nutritional Therapist Diploma at the Health Sciences Academy, and educating myself on how to nourish and naturally heal my body.  As Thomas Edison said "The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition." and thats exactly what I'm trying to do. When I mentioned to my doctor that I believed my diet and what I ate had an impact on my condition and symptom he laughed and told me point blank 'No' but 2 months in following a clean vegan diet, and completly off all my medication, for the first time in 7 years all of my symptom have gone. To say I am relieved is an understatement, but it has also given me the confidence and faith that we can look after our bodies, and repair ourselves without having to rely on medication. 


I have really enjoyed my transition over to a plant based diet, especially planning what I'm going to eat, and seriously trust me when I say planning is key! It can get boring pretty easily, having just vegetables and fresh produce for every meal but my PINTEREST has been my biggest source of food inspiration! Here is one of my favourites for Mason Jar salad ideas I have found from Abes Market! 


Antioxidant Salad In A Jar:

Start with white balsamic vinaigrette. Layer in mixed berries, spouts, carrots, almonds, flax seeds and mixed greens.

Mediterranean Salad In A Jar:

Start with balsamic vinaigrette. Layer in artichokes, tomatoes, black olives, white cannelloni beans, cucumbers, pine nuts, oregano and mixed greens.

High Protein Salad In A Jar:

Start with a lemon-based dressing of choice. Layer in broccoli, chickpeas, cooked quinoa, corn, peas, figs or currants, pumpkin seeds and spinach.

Detox Salad In A Jar:

Start with a lemon-based dress of choice. Layer in pineapple, cannelloni beans, blueberries, cooked quinoa, fennel, sprouts and kate.

Join me over on my PINTEREST for some more mouth watering, plant based recipes.
SHARE:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lovaine | UK Lifestyle, Fitness and Travel Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig