Saturday, 13 July 2013

24.


20.07.1989 
Today I turn 24.. and I think this year has been the biggest year of my life. It's funny how one year can change everything. I've evolved, learnt and experienced some incredible things. Growing up has always terrified me, you always have that fear of not having enough time. You may not be where you thought you'd be or achieved what you thought you should have, that sense of underachievement or not quite being there yet but why a time limit? You plan your life with milestones. A rough guide of things you think you need to meet or things you should have done by now but this year has taught me how to just be content. Content with my life, myself, my career. This year was never planned and I don't think it could have been, the places I visited, the friends I made, the waves I surfed..when you plan things you give it expectations which always seem out of reach. Settle for what you have not always looking for what you need and everything else with follow.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This dress looks gorgeous ! Happy Birtday !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have wrote that feeling of growing up better myself. I completely agree. Goals are great but i think we all put a lot of pressure on ourselves, so to be content is a wonderful feeling.
    Beautiful blog.
    All the best,
    Becca
    x

    www.flowersanddirt.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lovaine | UK Lifestyle, Fitness and Travel Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig